Attempting to repair a Dryer without proper training and safety standards is dangerous. Dryer should only be repaired by skilled professionals who have the knowledge and experience to safely bring them out of disrepair. Repairs performed by unqualified people risk serious injury or even death. A relatively small outlet can easily carry the current needed to kill a person.
To reduce the need of repairs, use the following preventative measures. Proper maintenance and care is essential in keeping your dryer running efficiently. Improper care will cause your unit to overwork by using more electricity to keep you clothes dry than if properly maintained. By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your clothes dryer, prevent fires and avoid many costly repairs. Ask about our yearly maintenance program available between February and June.
1. Make sure that the dryer's feet are level to prevent an imbalance in the machine that may cause loud noises and added wear/tear on the unit. For fire safety, do not place the dryer near heat producing device.
2. To avoid burning out the compressor, always plug the dryer directly into the properly grounded outlet on your wall. If you absolutely need to run an extension chord, make sure a heavy duty, 3-pronged extensions cord. If unsure, consult the manufacturer specifications in the user guide.
3. Empty the lint filter after each and every use for efficient drying and fire prevention. Remove anything else that can impede good airflow. Do not forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint settles over time.
4. Vent your dryer to the outside, never vent it inside. Clean out exhaust vent system at least once a year to remove clogs or other obstructions that can impede good airflow. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that fires associated with clothes dryers occur annually.
5. Do not place foam backed rugs, rubber/plastic shoes or other heat sensitive articles in dryers. Also, to prevent fires, do not place clothing or other items soiled with flammable substances like gasoline and alcohol. Check the pockets of clothes for crayons and other heat sensitive items that may ruin the other clothes.
6. To save energy, do not overload the dryer and make sure items are not water logged. This may burn out the motor.
7. Clean up all spills from the top of the dryer. Many detergents and solvents can damage finish. Clean with a mild household dish soap or baking soda and rinse with warm water. Rinse and wipe dry.
8. Always read manufacturer’s guides and operating instructions.
By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your clothes dryer and avoid many costly repairs. However, there are times when a repair is needed.Appliance Repair Dallas TXcan fix most brands and models of dryers including Kenmore, Whirlpool, General Electric, Amana, Maytag, Jenn-Air and Fisher Paykel.
We repair all clothes dryer problems including poor heating, cycle irregularities, loud noises and poor spinning. Please call (972) 619-9324or email info@ApplianceDallas.netfor fast, reliable professional service. We service all of Dallas including Orange, Osceola and Seminole Counties. Some of the municipalities serviced include Grand Prairie, Mesquite, Irving, Duncanville, Balch Springs, and Farmers Branch. Our technicians are standing by and ready to relieve you from your clothes dryer problems.
Nine money saving tips that will extend the life of your clothes dryer and lower the cost of energy.
Dryer Tips and Information
Start of StatCounter Code for Default Guide --> End of StatCounter Code for Default Guide -->