Oven, Stove and Range Tips and Information
Attempting to repair a broken Oven, Stove or Range without proper training and safety standards is dangerous. Ovens, Stoves and Ranges should only be repaired by skilled professionals who have the knowledge and experience to safely bring them out of disrepair. Repairs performed by unqualified people risk serious injury or even death. A relatively small outlet can easily carry the current needed to kill a person.
To reduce the need of repairs, use the following preventative measures. Proper maintenance and care is essential in keeping your Oven, Stove or Range running efficiently. Improper care will cause your unit to overwork by using more electricity to keep you clothes clean than if properly maintained. By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your Oven, Stove or Range and avoid many costly repairs.
Seven money saving tips that will extend the life of your Oven, Stove or Range and lower the cost of energy.
1. Clean Ovens, Stoves and Ranges control panel regularly by removing knobs and buttons and clean them with a mild dish detergent. Clean the surface of the control panel with a nonabrasive mild cleaner. Do not spray or expose the control panel directly to liquids. Spray directly into the cloth, wipe clean and wipe dry. Abrasives may cause scratches and corrosion on glass control panels.
2. Clean porcelain or glass cooktops with a nonabrasive mild cleaner baking soda and warm damp cloth. Abrasives may cause scratches and corrosion on glass control panels.
3. Clean burner drip pans thoroughly to bring out the shine needed to properly radiate heat back. To keep them functional, clean regularly and replace every two years. Never cover with aluminum foil because the foil may cause an electrical short.
4. Carefully clean around burners and elements. Look for bubbles and blister on the coils of the burners. This indicates that the heating element may be burned-out
5. Carefully clean around gasket seals. Use a mild, nonabrasive cleaner to clean in order to maintain proper temperature control and system efficiency. Replace corroded or brittle seals.
6. Remove glass coverings to replace light bulbs. Replace with 40 watt bulb usually located behind a small glass dome near the upper left or right side of the inside of the oven. Check owner’s manual for exact specs.
7. Self cleaning ovens are generally cleaned by heating the oven to high enough temperature to incinerate debris. However, this heat generated often causes more service calls to repair problems caused by the excessive heat. Do not use oven cleaners in self cleaning ovens. Use oven cleaners only for nonself-cleaning ovens.
By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your washing machine and avoid many costly repairs. However, there are times when a repair is needed.
Appliance Repair Dallas TX can fix most brands and models of Ovens, Stoves and Ranges including Kenmore, Whirlpool, General Electric, Amana, Maytag, Jenn-Air and Viking. We repair most Oven, Stove and Range problems including poor temperature control, broken bake elements and control board malfunctions. Please call (972) 619-9324 or email info@ApplianceDallas.net for fast, reliable professional service. We service all of Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, Collin, and Rockwall counties. Some of the municipalities serviced include Grand Prairie, Mesquite, Irving, Duncanville, Balch Springs, and Farmers Branch. Our technicians are standing by and ready to relieve you from your broken electric or gas Oven, Stove or Range problems.